Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 11 - December Daily

December 11th

What a great family day we had today. Not only did we have a lot of fun the whole day but we received great news. My son received his acceptance letter to the University he really wanted to attend. My husband and I are so proud of him and extremely excited for him.

We finally put up our second Christmas tree in the basement. After putting the Christmas tree up we all watch the movie "The Christmas Carol" my favorite one with George C Scott playing Scrooge. After watching the movie my husband and I held a little Christmas tree camp out for Erin. We got our sleeping bags out and placed them by the Christmas tree then we made a fire in our fireplace and we toasted some marshmallows and made smores. When we were all stuffed from the smores we played a couple of rounds of Christmas Charades. Erin was really a good guesser. Then it was time to go to sleep but before we went to sleep Erin read us "The First Christmas" story from her new Christmas book. Then it was lights out except for the Christmas tree lights they stayed on. All in all we had a great family day!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to receive your feedback.