Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Needless to say we had one excited little girl last night. My dd lost a tooth at school yesterday. On the walk home from school she was full of questions, What does the tooth fairy do with my teeth, Why does she come when I'm a sleep, Should I clean my tooth before putting under my pillow. My head was spinning trying to keep up with all the questions -so I suggest she write the tooth fairy a letter. My dd was on pins and needles all through dinner, she even had a hard time concentrating while doing her homework. This nervous or maybe I should say curious energy lasted all the way up to 1 a.m in the morning. She kept making excuses why she had to get out of bed. So I had to finally say to her if you want the tooth fairy to come you need to be asleep. So finally at 1:30 am my daughter was fast asleep. (you're probably wonder how I know because I had to stay up to make sure she was asleep) Finally at 2 a.m. I was convince she was a sleep and I went to bed myself only to be awoken at 4:45 a.m. by my dd jumping up and down saying she took my tooth and left me money and a letter. She was so excited about the letter that I think she left the money under her pillow. In the note from the tooth fairy she said I don't have time to answer all your questions but I know you want to know what I do with your tooth and then she went on to explain what the tooth fairies do with the collected teeth. My dd was so happy that she got at least one of her many, many many questions answered. Here's a picture of her with the letter from the tooth fairy can't wait to scrap this one! Hopefully once dd is in school mommy can get in an hour nap today. SOOOOO tired!