Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yard work

I decided that this was the weekend that I was finally going to do something about my front yard. This winter was not so nice to my tree in front and all my beds really look like they need some TLC.
So, I went and bought four trees and four bushes to plant in my yards. I got a Magnolia tree, Royal Red Maple tree, Prymidal Hawthorn and a Plum tree. Then I went to Syd's a local nursery to pick up some bushes. I got some low lying evergreens and this bush I never heard about before which was called Blue Muffin. The bush has little berries that are blue, and it's such a pretty blue color. I believe they only bloom in the spring, so I guess we won't see that this year. My daughter just loves to help and since I have hurt my knee

her help was so welcomed today. I also had a landscaper come over today and lay down some mulch for me. This was a first for us. Usually we are the ones laying down the mulch but this guy just showed up at my door and asked if I would like a quote and it was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. It was so nice not to have to lug all that mulch around.

The next thing I have to get is some flowers to put in some pots that I have around the house and I think I will hold off on that for just a little while. I want to make sure the weather cooperates with me and because I live in Illinois ya never know what weather will be served up. Well that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to receive your feedback.