Sunday, September 12, 2010

I call for a do over!

I had such a great day today, took my DH and DD to Choo, Choo Johny's for lunch. DD got a kick out of her food being delivered by a train. Cute restaurant if you have little kids. Then Hubby and me took our daughter to Color Me Mine. A local pottery place. This was the first time my husband did anything like this and he was such a good sport about it. I think he trying to earn Father of the year points with my daughter. My daughter painted a horse, hubby painted a skull and I painted a pumpkin. We get to pick up them on Friday. I will try to remember to take a picture of our creations.

Lately, I've been getting more of an opportunity to scrapbook. It's about time too because I'm so far behind on my scrapping it's not even funny, but I noticed last night when I was scrapping for my DD book I was having trouble finding coordinating papers. So hence my craft room re-do. I spent most of tonight sorting out my card stock and pattern paper and it's not even half way done. (guess I like paper more than I thought). I have to say it looks like a bomb went off in my craft room right now. Last night I spent an hour or so looking for better ways to store my paper and I read a lot of articles on paper systems. I have to say there is so many ways that your head can spin off. At the end of all my research I just decided to use the RAINBOW method (sorting by color then sort by theme). Hopefully that will help with my frustration of finding papers that go together. I was going to take pictures of the steps I will be taking to re-do my craft room and decided I would spare all of you and just post the finish project. I ordered some storage from a couple of my favorite stores last night and I can't wait for them to come in so I can finish this project.

If you have any tips about organizing your craft room I would love to hear them leave me a message. Well it's getting late and the kids have school tomorrow so I am off to dream land thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. An accidental (but ideal) place that I stumbled upon to keep organized my pile of card stock that I seem to have habitually collected is an Interior Designers pouch. They use it for similar purposes, but of course for Interior Design samples and organizing on a project by project basis - A3 in size with expanding wallet compartments. You can even insert a fingertip sized card sample into the tabs of each section.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love to receive your feedback.